To the list of undesirable attributes displayed by Atos, such as incompetence, heartlessness and arrogance, we can now add dishonesty.
I’ve read many accounts of work assessments being carried out by people who have a very tenuous grasp of honesty, but the Advertising Standards Authority’s latest findings speak to a corporate disdain for the truth.
The parts of the ad in contention were
“Each year Atos Healthcare process over 1.2 million referrals for medical advice completing over 800,000 face-to-face medical assessments” and “our 1700+ healthcare professionals“
The ASA upheld the complaint and said that the ad must not appear again in its current form.
That was on the 4th of April and yet, today, the 8th of April, I visited the Atos website, and took this screenshot:
You should be able to see the detail if you click on the image, but in case you can’t, here’s a close-up of the relevant part:
They’ve not changed a single word.
EDIT TO ADD: Still no change, as of 19th April.
That the advertisement was misleading is bad enough, but Atos compounded the aforementioned arrogance by not even bothering to respond to the ASA, which was itself a breach of the Committee of Advertising Practice code.
The DWP need to address this issue too, and a FOI request has been made.
- The BBC in bed with Atos ” Unbiassed BBC, like F### they are”… (victimsofatoscorruption.wordpress.com)
- Atos disregard ASA Over complaint – Atos are a law unto themselves… (victimsofatoscorruption.wordpress.com)
- Oh no – Atos are in the S### again…. (victimsofatoscorruption.wordpress.com)
- You think ATOS are bad, wait until Serco get a hold of you (victimsofatoscorruption.wordpress.com)
- Atos & Unum dont like the truth… (victimsofatoscorruption.wordpress.com)
- Atos Gets Their Knuckles Rapped