It has become a tradition in Britain for political parties to accuse the BBC of bias whenever they are put under the pressure of scrutiny. It rarely turns out to be true, if ever, but today I, and many other people, noticed something that seems to give the idea some credibility.
It was a story about a protest in London against welfare cuts for disabled people. The Guardian’s website had the headline “Disability rights protesters bring Trafalgar Square traffic to a standstill“.
It would be inconceivable that the Beeb wouldn’t cover the story, wouldn’t it? Surely they’d lead with it, since it was in the capital. If a sparrow farts in London, it’s a more important story than anything that happens elsewhere.
I watched the BBC news, and I searched the BBC news website. Not a whisper.
Could it be that the BBC’s IT partners would be upset if the story broke? They are the ones who are being paid exorbitant amounts of money to make those welfare cuts, after all.
Edit: Thanks to the commenter “IfIMay” for the link to the BBC’s NewsWatch. If you feel strongly about this issue, please add your voice. Try and be polite though, as difficult as that may be!
- The BBC in bed with Atos ” Unbiassed BBC, like F### they are”… (victimsofatoscorruption.wordpress.com)
- Atos sponsoring the Paralympics is a sickening insult. #ATOS (sw9red.wordpress.com)
- Disability rights protesters bring Trafalgar Square traffic to a standstill (guardian.co.uk)
- A Tale of two Models: Disabled People vs Unum, Atos, Government and Disability Charities ebbie Jolly (victimsofatoscorruption.wordpress.com)
- DWP Guidelines on Benefit-Cut Related Suicides? (victimsofatoscorruption.wordpress.com)
- “Atos Origin come on down” or is it too warm in here for you?…. (victimsofatoscorruption.wordpress.com)