It seems not a day goes by without the government being involved in some sort of sleaze, usually the “news” that they are being funded by vested interests.
So it is today. The Independent today has another example. Michael Gove has strong links with Edmund Lazarus, one of the founding partners of a City private equity company, Bregal Capital, which set up private schools company Cognita (itself currently embroiled in a pension fraud and commercial espionage scandal) in 2004. Several donations were made while Gove was Education Spokesman while the Tories were in opposition.
Gove returned the money Lazarus gave him, and there is no suggestion that either either of them have done anything illegal, but once again the government gives every appearance of acting on behalf of their chums.
Spare a few coppers guv?
- Translate this blog into different languages...
Albanian Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese Simplified Chinese Traditional Croatian Czech Danish Dutch Estonian Filipino Finnish French Galician German Greek Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Lativian Lithuanian Maltese Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Serbian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese
Send me a private message
- 26,493 hits
- RT @rickygervais: I leave you with the tweet of the year... "Dumb athiest. Why quote @RichardDawkins? He just a retard in a wheelchair wit… 9 hours ago
- Today stats: one new follower via Unfollowers.me 1 day ago
- Join our 28/06 mental health awareness training session: bit.ly/NamhqI Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book #DT @MHF_tweets 2 days ago
- Today stats: 2 new followers and one new unfollower via Unfollowers.me 2 days ago
- Know of a child from any country who gives back? Tell #KidsAreHeroes about it!! kidsareheroes.org/lily #DT @KidsAreHeroes 2 days ago