At six o’clock tomorrow evening (Saturday 21st May 2011) some devout Christians expect to be raptured into heaven, leaving heathens like me to die a violent death in about five months time. Another part of the story suggests that there will be a huge electromagnetic pulse accompanying the rapture, so that’s the internet buggered. This could be my last blog post.
This latest “great disappointment in waiting” is the brainchild of Harold Camping, a Christian radio broadcaster and certifiable loony from California. The last time he predicted the apocalypse he admitted that he “could be wrong”, but he hasn’t made any such admission this time, which means that either he’s right this time or he’ll have a lot of explaining to do to his followers who’ve given all their property away (and in at least one case, killed their pets humanely to save them from a worse death in October) on May 22nd.
Tomorrow is also Draw Mohammed Day.
No rest for the wicked!
Spare a few coppers guv?
- Translate this blog into different languages...
Albanian Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese Simplified Chinese Traditional Croatian Czech Danish Dutch Estonian Filipino Finnish French Galician German Greek Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Lativian Lithuanian Maltese Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Serbian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese
- 40,333 hits
- Please sign & RT this petition, it means a lot to me: you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/hold… via @38_degrees 6 days ago
- Please ask @DLidington not to give #g4s or #serco the #police power of arrest - Sign here: you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop… via @38_degrees 1 week ago
- RT @JohnCleese: A surprisingly large number of my friends are saying that, given the choice between a UK ruled by thugs like Murdoch and Da… 2 weeks ago
- RT @NevilleSouthall: Getting a bit of stick from Tories tonight Must be getting through They have no defence for letting people die Homel… 2 weeks ago
- RT @NevilleSouthall: Tories Always moaning about hard brexit or soft brexit What about a brexit that’s best for people of Britain You nev… 2 weeks ago
Send me a private message