It is now a year (give or take a couple of days or so) since I switched from tobacco cigarettes to electronic ones. Apart from one occasion, when I left the house with the wrong (uncharged) batteries, I haven’t smoked at all (and on that one occasion I hated the taste).
I’ve changed the kind of ecig I use, from cartridges to the tank system. This involves refilling a small plastic tank, the size of a cartridge, with nicotine liquid, but there is no wadding, so each refill lasts longer than a cartridge. You can also see how much liquid is left, as the tank is clear.
The biggest change, however, is the way I “smoke”. When I first switched, I was using the ecig as if it was a real one; that is, I was trying to finish the cigarette, and had to make a conscious effort to stop before using up the equivalent of 20 cigarettes in one go!
Now, though, I can happily go without for longer, knowing that I don’t have to take every opportunity of being outside to smoke, whether or not I’m running low on my nicotine fix. Providing I use a little discretion, I can use the ecig pretty much anywhere.
As I get older, and this carcase of mine gradually falls apart, at least I can breathe more easily than I used to.
Spare a few coppers guv?
- Translate this blog into different languages...
Albanian Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese Simplified Chinese Traditional Croatian Czech Danish Dutch Estonian Filipino Finnish French Galician German Greek Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Lativian Lithuanian Maltese Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Serbian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese
- 39,624 hits
- RT @johnmcdonnellMP: Been out all day on the campaign trail in Mansfield. Can someone please explain to me why our Prime Minister is hiding… 5 hours ago
- RT @moonmaster9000: RT if you are doing this. https://t.co/5AyjsjSAQB 1 week ago
- Please sign our petition on air guns. Together we can help introduce licensing of air guns in every part of the UK. cats.e-activist.com/page/7153/peti… 1 month ago
- I'm calling on the government to treat people with mental health issues fairly under PIP. Will you join me? speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campaigns/pip-… 1 month ago
- RT @alanknox: Just started the Katie Hopkins diet. Lost twenty four thousand pounds already. https://t.co/IlotNkvxGp 1 month ago
Send me a private message