It is now a year (give or take a couple of days or so) since I switched from tobacco cigarettes to electronic ones. Apart from one occasion, when I left the house with the wrong (uncharged) batteries, I haven’t smoked at all (and on that one occasion I hated the taste).
I’ve changed the kind of ecig I use, from cartridges to the tank system. This involves refilling a small plastic tank, the size of a cartridge, with nicotine liquid, but there is no wadding, so each refill lasts longer than a cartridge. You can also see how much liquid is left, as the tank is clear.
The biggest change, however, is the way I “smoke”. When I first switched, I was using the ecig as if it was a real one; that is, I was trying to finish the cigarette, and had to make a conscious effort to stop before using up the equivalent of 20 cigarettes in one go!
Now, though, I can happily go without for longer, knowing that I don’t have to take every opportunity of being outside to smoke, whether or not I’m running low on my nicotine fix. Providing I use a little discretion, I can use the ecig pretty much anywhere.
As I get older, and this carcase of mine gradually falls apart, at least I can breathe more easily than I used to.
Spare a few coppers guv?
- Translate this blog into different languages...
Albanian Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese Simplified Chinese Traditional Croatian Czech Danish Dutch Estonian Filipino Finnish French Galician German Greek Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Lativian Lithuanian Maltese Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Serbian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese
- 40,295 hits
- Please sign & RT this petition, it means a lot to me: you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/hold… via @38_degrees 2 days ago
- Please ask @DLidington not to give #g4s or #serco the #police power of arrest - Sign here: you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop… via @38_degrees 6 days ago
- RT @JohnCleese: A surprisingly large number of my friends are saying that, given the choice between a UK ruled by thugs like Murdoch and Da… 1 week ago
- RT @NevilleSouthall: Getting a bit of stick from Tories tonight Must be getting through They have no defence for letting people die Homel… 1 week ago
- RT @NevilleSouthall: Tories Always moaning about hard brexit or soft brexit What about a brexit that’s best for people of Britain You nev… 1 week ago
Send me a private message