It is now a year (give or take a couple of days or so) since I switched from tobacco cigarettes to electronic ones. Apart from one occasion, when I left the house with the wrong (uncharged) batteries, I haven’t smoked at all (and on that one occasion I hated the taste).
I’ve changed the kind of ecig I use, from cartridges to the tank system. This involves refilling a small plastic tank, the size of a cartridge, with nicotine liquid, but there is no wadding, so each refill lasts longer than a cartridge. You can also see how much liquid is left, as the tank is clear.
The biggest change, however, is the way I “smoke”. When I first switched, I was using the ecig as if it was a real one; that is, I was trying to finish the cigarette, and had to make a conscious effort to stop before using up the equivalent of 20 cigarettes in one go!
Now, though, I can happily go without for longer, knowing that I don’t have to take every opportunity of being outside to smoke, whether or not I’m running low on my nicotine fix. Providing I use a little discretion, I can use the ecig pretty much anywhere.
As I get older, and this carcase of mine gradually falls apart, at least I can breathe more easily than I used to.
Spare a few coppers guv?
- Translate this blog into different languages...
Albanian Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese Simplified Chinese Traditional Croatian Czech Danish Dutch Estonian Filipino Finnish French Galician German Greek Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Lativian Lithuanian Maltese Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Serbian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese
- 39,722 hits
- I've signed the petition to make sure a tragedy like the #Grenfell fire never happens again. Will you add your name? speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campaigns/gren… 1 week ago
- RT @UKLabour: Did you stand up for our NHS today by voting Labour? Great! Now share this ↓ #VoteLabour #GeneralElection17 https://t.co/hq5z… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Fifthcolumnblue: Heard a rumour that #AmberRudd has been seen crying. Don't worry, I'm crying too. Mine are just tears of joy at the t… 2 weeks ago
- RT @PavartiKTyler: ⭐ 10 FREE SCI-FI READS, BECAUSE YOU ROCK! ⭐ Aliens, Technology, and Spaceships Galore... litring.com/sci-fi/ https:… 1 month ago
- RT @mark_carrigan: Retweet if you find John Humphrys rude, inane and idiotic. I used to listen to #r4today daily & largely avoid it now bec… 1 month ago
Send me a private message