It is now a year (give or take a couple of days or so) since I switched from tobacco cigarettes to electronic ones. Apart from one occasion, when I left the house with the wrong (uncharged) batteries, I haven’t smoked at all (and on that one occasion I hated the taste).
I’ve changed the kind of ecig I use, from cartridges to the tank system. This involves refilling a small plastic tank, the size of a cartridge, with nicotine liquid, but there is no wadding, so each refill lasts longer than a cartridge. You can also see how much liquid is left, as the tank is clear.
The biggest change, however, is the way I “smoke”. When I first switched, I was using the ecig as if it was a real one; that is, I was trying to finish the cigarette, and had to make a conscious effort to stop before using up the equivalent of 20 cigarettes in one go!
Now, though, I can happily go without for longer, knowing that I don’t have to take every opportunity of being outside to smoke, whether or not I’m running low on my nicotine fix. Providing I use a little discretion, I can use the ecig pretty much anywhere.
As I get older, and this carcase of mine gradually falls apart, at least I can breathe more easily than I used to.
Spare a few coppers guv?
- Translate this blog into different languages...
Albanian Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese Simplified Chinese Traditional Croatian Czech Danish Dutch Estonian Filipino Finnish French Galician German Greek Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Lativian Lithuanian Maltese Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Serbian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese
- 39,973 hits
- Please sign this petition asking the govt to make an exception to Universal Credit rules this Christmas: speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campaigns/univ… 23 hours ago
- UK Parliament: Repeal the government decision to exclude animal sentience in the EU Withdrawal Bill change.org/p/uk-parliamen… via @UKChange 23 hours ago
- RT @DoctorChristian: Trump has reversed ban on importing trophies from elephant hunts. Please sign this petition and help stop men with tin… 4 days ago
- Trump just gave his son a sick gift -- letting hunters bring African elephant heads home as trophies. Let's stop hi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- RT @bellafortunate: This tweet is so juvenile, #RoyMooreChildMolester wants to date it. twitter.com/realDonaldTrum… 1 week ago
Send me a private message