It seems not a day goes by without the government being involved in some sort of sleaze, usually the “news” that they are being funded by vested interests.
So it is today. The Independent today has another example. Michael Gove has strong links with Edmund Lazarus, one of the founding partners of a City private equity company, Bregal Capital, which set up private schools company Cognita (itself currently embroiled in a pension fraud and commercial espionage scandal) in 2004. Several donations were made while Gove was Education Spokesman while the Tories were in opposition.
Gove returned the money Lazarus gave him, and there is no suggestion that either either of them have done anything illegal, but once again the government gives every appearance of acting on behalf of their chums.
Spare a few coppers guv?
- Translate this blog into different languages...
Albanian Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese Simplified Chinese Traditional Croatian Czech Danish Dutch Estonian Filipino Finnish French Galician German Greek Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Lativian Lithuanian Maltese Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Serbian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese
- 40,333 hits
- Please sign & RT this petition, it means a lot to me: you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/hold… via @38_degrees 6 days ago
- Please ask @DLidington not to give #g4s or #serco the #police power of arrest - Sign here: you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop… via @38_degrees 1 week ago
- RT @JohnCleese: A surprisingly large number of my friends are saying that, given the choice between a UK ruled by thugs like Murdoch and Da… 2 weeks ago
- RT @NevilleSouthall: Getting a bit of stick from Tories tonight Must be getting through They have no defence for letting people die Homel… 2 weeks ago
- RT @NevilleSouthall: Tories Always moaning about hard brexit or soft brexit What about a brexit that’s best for people of Britain You nev… 2 weeks ago
Send me a private message