There’s a “Passport Crisis”, apparently, and the mainstream media is full of it.
I sympathise with holidaymakers, especially those of modest means, who may have struggled to save enough to go away, and families of expats who may be unable to see their loved ones, perhaps for another year, if they have work commitments.
I’m not going to decry the media’s coverage of this story. What angers me is their abject failure, often wilful, to properly cover the plight of thousands of people living in terror of losing their benefits.
Some Job Centre Plus staff go out of their way to help claimants but, more and more, others go out of their way to entrap them, in order to sanction them. Those most at risk, such as disabled and mentally ill people, are in most danger of losing their money, but even the most stark cases, such as someone in a coma being found fit for work, don’t make the headlines, and usually don’t get reported at all, except on internet blogs.
The State is failing the most vulnerable people in society, people are starving to death, and the media’s only response, in most cases, is to parrot government Ministers as they try to bully charities like the Trussell Trust to stop them reporting the problem.
They’ve already silenced the mainstream media.
Spare a few coppers guv?
- Translate this blog into different languages...
Albanian Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese Simplified Chinese Traditional Croatian Czech Danish Dutch Estonian Filipino Finnish French Galician German Greek Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Lativian Lithuanian Maltese Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Serbian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese
- 39,620 hits
- RT @moonmaster9000: RT if you are doing this. https://t.co/5AyjsjSAQB 1 week ago
- Please sign our petition on air guns. Together we can help introduce licensing of air guns in every part of the UK. cats.e-activist.com/page/7153/peti… 1 month ago
- I'm calling on the government to treat people with mental health issues fairly under PIP. Will you join me? speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campaigns/pip-… 1 month ago
- RT @alanknox: Just started the Katie Hopkins diet. Lost twenty four thousand pounds already. https://t.co/IlotNkvxGp 1 month ago
- RT @abrook5: I've seen many stupid comments from UKIP candidates, including racism, sexism, and homophobia, but this tops them all http://t… 2 months ago
Send me a private message