There’s a “Passport Crisis”, apparently, and the mainstream media is full of it.
I sympathise with holidaymakers, especially those of modest means, who may have struggled to save enough to go away, and families of expats who may be unable to see their loved ones, perhaps for another year, if they have work commitments.
I’m not going to decry the media’s coverage of this story. What angers me is their abject failure, often wilful, to properly cover the plight of thousands of people living in terror of losing their benefits.
Some Job Centre Plus staff go out of their way to help claimants but, more and more, others go out of their way to entrap them, in order to sanction them. Those most at risk, such as disabled and mentally ill people, are in most danger of losing their money, but even the most stark cases, such as someone in a coma being found fit for work, don’t make the headlines, and usually don’t get reported at all, except on internet blogs.
The State is failing the most vulnerable people in society, people are starving to death, and the media’s only response, in most cases, is to parrot government Ministers as they try to bully charities like the Trussell Trust to stop them reporting the problem.
They’ve already silenced the mainstream media.
Spare a few coppers guv?
- Translate this blog into different languages...
Albanian Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese Simplified Chinese Traditional Croatian Czech Danish Dutch Estonian Filipino Finnish French Galician German Greek Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Lativian Lithuanian Maltese Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Serbian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese
December 2017 M T W T F S S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- 40,019 hits
- Sign the petition against Trump's UK visit speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campaigns/temp… 1 week ago
- RT @BootstrapCook: A teenager was put in a headlock, choked and assaulted at 11am on the Jubilee line on 21st October. For 'looking gay'. H… 1 week ago
- Please sign this petition asking the govt to make an exception to Universal Credit rules this Christmas: speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campaigns/univ… 3 weeks ago
- UK Parliament: Repeal the government decision to exclude animal sentience in the EU Withdrawal Bill change.org/p/uk-parliamen… via @UKChange 3 weeks ago
- RT @DoctorChristian: Trump has reversed ban on importing trophies from elephant hunts. Please sign this petition and help stop men with tin… 3 weeks ago
Send me a private message